Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Aftermarket eyepiece caps

Robindonne

22 minutes ago, Robindonne said:

Ok.  Supermarket it is then!  Take my caliper with me.   Already wondering what they all will think at the drinks section

Just tell them you are from the Netherlands Standardisation Institute checking to see that their bottle tops meet standards. 😁

Edited by johninderby
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have some eyepieces with out top caps.  I just keep disks of closed cell foam from eyepiece bolt cases over them in the Pelican-style case when stored to avoid the possibility of the case foam from disintegrating onto the eye lens or just plain sticking to it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stardaze said:

I’m staggered that no brands supply replacement caps. Ive recently bought a secondhand Ethos and would like to replace the cap, the Eyeguard is an expensive option at £33 to replace the cap.

I've read that you can request replacement caps directly from Tele Vue, at least in the US.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, globular said:

Can you post a link @Robindonne?

I thought i pasted it here.   Also for myself.   Couldn’t find it anymore but placed an order yesterday at (i think) the same shop.  
Only advice i can give is to first place all the needed sizes in your cart And then select the whole selection/shop and pay for all.   Otherwise you pay €3,- shipping for each

€ 0,86 | M37 37mm 37mm Caps lensdoppen voor CCTV lens telescopen telescoop verrekijker rear cap stofkap stof stofkap guard
https://a.aliexpress.com/_BUqjDq

13BE4FAC-A167-4705-8A20-949DD6E6CF56.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Don Pensack said:

Of course, top caps vary all over the place.

Yeah it's the top caps that are the problem.
They should come with tethers to the EP body; a bit like camera lens caps.  [(c)Globular 2020]

• Like 1

On 28/08/2020 at 23:33, Don Pensack said:

AgenaAstro.com in the US sells these.  And, they sell to the UK.

However, it wouldn't be cost-effective unless importing a hundred of them.

Can you get them at FLO or RVO?

Good heads up,as a wide selection @ Agena astro....

Every time i'm of a mind to order  &  'blow the expense of shipping to UK' one or more  of the sizes i require ends up out of stock, so not managed it yet.

Can't help feeling there's a gap in the market as yet untapped in UK?

Ok, the item price is low ~but i bet the markup's pretty good!

So,would FLO, or another retailer~ care to take this on??

• Thanks 1