Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1100D and my first Dither

astro mick

Just wanted to try my new(well new to me)Canon 1100D.

Along with my trying out the software APT,which has given me problems,but may now be sorted thats to the forum.

There has been no clear skies here on the East Coast,so not really got going at all.

However The Metoffice indicated a two hour window the other night,so i went for it.In the end the forecast was optimistic,and only managed 30mins of data on M31.

I think the Dithering has had an effect,as the image looks fairly smooth for such a short time.No M31a.thumb.png.2b1c340e89fc18cacd5624a8be93b49d.pngcalibration frames were taken.

I would like at lease 3hrs on this.

Mick.

• Like 7

I had my first real go with APT & dithering last night and was really impressed at the difference it makes.

I've been slowly adding software to my imaging over the last few weeks, CdC, then PHD2 and now got APT working with last night being my first time out with all three running at once.

I didn't choose a good subject, thinking about it, in M57 when I'm using an Evostar 100ED but it was more a test of the system than an imaging evening. Also the focus wasn't the best but it all worked and when it came to stacking & processing you could see the difference the dither had made to the stacked image. Hardly any noise at all. 

I fixed the focus after these images, using the APT Focus Assistant, then the clouds came over before I had chance to do any more . :( 

The next clear night will be planned and better executed. ;)1246302437_M57-26082020.jpg.f9e9bcde89ec53106603d301e9faaaaa.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, astro mick said:

Just wanted to try my new(well new to me)Canon 1100D.

I just love the way image has been stretched.

You can see faint things, but when you look at M31 core - it just looks like a million suns shining at you.

Something tells me that if I were floating in intergalactic space, close enough to M31 to see it at that size - view would be very similar to this image.

12 hours ago, Budgie1 said:

I had my first real go with APT & dithering last night and was really impressed at the difference it makes.

I've been slowly adding software to my imaging over the last few weeks, CdC, then PHD2 and now got APT working with last night being my first time out with all three running at once.

I didn't choose a good subject, thinking about it, in M57 when I'm using an Evostar 100ED but it was more a test of the system than an imaging evening. Also the focus wasn't the best but it all worked and when it came to stacking & processing you could see the difference the dither had made to the stacked image. Hardly any noise at all. 

I fixed the focus after these images, using the APT Focus Assistant, then the clouds came over before I had chance to do any more . :( 

The next clear night will be planned and better executed. ;)1246302437_M57-26082020.jpg.f9e9bcde89ec53106603d301e9faaaaa.jpg

Welcome to the club,and a nice image indeed.

Mick.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vlaiv said:

I just love the way image has been stretched.

You can see faint things, but when you look at M31 core - it just looks like a million suns shining at you.

Something tells me that if I were floating in intergalactic space, close enough to M31 to see it at that size - view would be very similar to this image.

Thanks Vlaiv

Rally appreciate that.

Mick.