stargazine_ep34_banner.thumb.jpg.28dd32d9305c7de9b6591e6bf6600b27.jpg

COMPLETED - WITHDRAWN-Moonlite focuser - dual speed for refractors

Hi, I'd like to sell this as it is not being used. It needs new bearings so will need to be bought by someone with some technical know how (I have none unfortunately 😀). Open to reasonable offers (maybe around £200?) bearing in mind the original cost of the focuser (taking into account repairs etc). I use a Focus Cube now so it is completely surplus to requirements.

https://www.firstlightoptics.com/moonlite-focusers/moonlite-cf-crayford-focuser-for-refractors.html

Steve

IMG_2471.jpg

Edited by steviemac500

Hi. I think it needs more than bearings. It’ll need a complete overhaul and gears looking at. I wouldn’t be comfortable selling it as advertised but would let it go for £125 at buyers risk.  If not, I’m going to send it to Moonlite to be repaired properly. Definitely needs someone e who knows what they’re doing. 

Having replaced both a draw tube and the bearings on one from a reflector-  by the time you have it shipped out to the US, then back and pay for the second shipping and taxes i think you may find its not worth the effort.