SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cygnus region with 50mm lens

Hi everyone, i just wanted to share my results from a week ago.After deciding between mw core and cygnus i decided to imagge the latter.Shot was taken from bortle 4 suburban sky and exposures of about 4 minutes with unmoded camera.Lens was 50mm canon lens although not wide open,it was on f3.2 i think and iso 800.It is about 45 minutes worth of exposure time stacked in dss without any calibration frames.Edited in pixinsight.I could pull out a bit more colour for that surreal effect but i just prefer this natural look more.Hope you like it,and am looking forward for your reactions and opinions.

-Davidcygnusregion.tif

edit:heres the preview because for some reason it was posted as an attachment

Untitled.png

Edited by TheDadure
  • Like 14

Very nice.

The forum software won't display TIFFs, so best to post JPEG, or PNG if you're feeling extravagant.

I'd like to know the suburb that has Bortle 4 skies! I had to move to semi-rural Dorset to get Bortle 4 (Actually nearer Bortle 3)

Edited by DaveS
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Wonderful image!

May I ask: The camera, is it fullframe or DX format? Asking this because I might want to try the same region with a DX 35mm F.18 I have to my Nikon D5300 (aps-c), and trying to figure out what the fov would be.