SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC7000, Pelican, Cygnus Wall - Altogther as One,

bdlbug

This is my second image using my new Optilong narrowband filters and everything running  on a Rpi4 running Astroberry and using INDI and EKOS to control everything

Not a deep image 3.5hrs total - mostly from last night which was clear here in S.Northants until about 2am -which was unexpected given the atrocious weather and cloud cover recently.
Ha - 31 x 120s
OIII - 44 x 120s
SII - 30 x 120s
ASI1600MM-PRO, unity Gain

Image scale is around 6arcsec/Pixel

I basically had to dismantle my skyshedPOD dome to get access to the zenith - I don't have any room for zenith tables or such so just pushed it off its runners and balanced against my shed !!

This is a Photoshop based mix approximating to SHO, I tried not to over saturate and be too outlandish with colour palette
This is the full uncropped frame - I also  took out the flats !! They were over compensating and creating a crazy gradient - I'm capturing a new set and may reprocess depending on how things go.

Deneb showing the classic panasonic micro-lens artifact, could have worked harder and done a circular blur, but its not that distracting on this widefield image. I left the framing slightly offcenter as in the Ha the gas clouds tail away towards upper right, have not got them as prominent in this process - but they are there

thanks for looking and appreciate any comments regards my colour mix,

Bryan

NGC7000_SHO_Merge_PS_Mix_DeNoise_Sharp_Enhance_V3.thumb.png.55c790b35b5c9e14019c8abea9529b59.png

• Like 13

@MarkAR ; @don4l - appreciate the feedback, I've been digging into the data for 'true' hubble SHO - pushing it all to the max....I think I will stop now as limited data set and this is as close as I think I can go to what is seen as traditional SHO Hubble:

Any preference between first version and below ?

Bryan

NGC7000_SHO_Merge_PS_Mix_DeNoise_Sharp_Enhance_V3_BIG_SHO_Recolour.thumb.png.597e7096965d29aa2f2b058918ec5b20.png

• Like 1

I agree - the blue and golds seem normal given the long legacy of Hubble images but there are such a lot of twists and turns in the way narrowband channels can be mixed into a visual palette. I have just been reading quite a bit this evening and downloaded Annie’s Actions and applied that to my data - it’s different again but the stars are really pink - which is SHO interpretation.

anyway looking forward to imaging more narrowband through winter months

Bryan