Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

AnyDesk remote access

I use Tight VNC on my workstation and I use the app on my iPhone, it has worked perfectly for years now.

I’m hoping that with new dome that I won’t need to go in the dome at all once I have worked out how to switch the pc on remotely.

Similar to Kinch I have a Foscam, but switch off the IR during imaging 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jkulin said:

I use Tight VNC on my workstation and I use the app on my iPhone, it has worked perfectly for years now.

I’m hoping that with new dome that I won’t need to go in the dome at all once I have worked out how to switch the pc on remotely.

Similar to Kinch I have a Foscam, but switch off the IR during imaging 

Does TightVNC need an Internet connection? I use RealVNC on my mini PC. Its free to use and I can register 5 devices but the caveat is all traffic is over Internet. Not bothered if I'm at home as can connect via home WiFi or if out and about the mini PC is setup to connect to my phones hotspot. My concern is if I find myself somewhere with no Internet connection I'll then have no way to access the mini pc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, david_taurus83 said:

Does TightVNC need an Internet connection?

Hi Dave, I have never tried it without an internet connection. I can't check now as my Obsy has been dismantled, but I will check when I have it all back up and running.