Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What is the best software for stacking images with different fields of view?

Hi ... can anybody please help me?

Some time ago I remember reading about a piece of software that can combine images from different scopes with different fields of view ... it looked like it coped with this problem very easily ... BUT ... I cannot remember which software it was :-(((

I am hoping to combine sets of subs ,from possibly up to 3 different scopes, in the coming months but need to prepare in advance!

Cheers Mike

• Cornelius Varley changed the title to What is the best software for stacking images with different fields of view?
11 minutes ago, Sp@ce_d said:

Is it registar? https://aurigaimaging.com   I haven’t used it for ages as pixinsight works for me On the Mac but it does a great job

Yes .... I think that is the one 🙂  Many thanks for jogging my memory!

So ... are you implying that PixInsight will cope with aligning and adjusting a collection of subs that have been produced by different scope/camera set-ups and probably different alignments???

Cheers Mike

Registar is really good at what it does but for me once I’d got into Pixinsight I found I didn’t need to use it. That’s some 7 or 8 years ago since I last used it but I’ve not been mixing scopes for a while. I used it when I had a dual & triple shooter going between 60 & 80mm so not too wild and Pixinsight handled it fine. I hear Astro Pixel Processor is also good at this. I guess it depends on how much difference you’ll have between scopes & if mosaics are involved. Registar does one thing and very well whereas Pixinsight is a pretty big toolbox that will do everything start to finish. After 7/8 years I’ve only scratched the surface really. They are all different in workflow & interface & I’ve been evaluating APP recently (But not for mixed registration) but it’s actually sent me back digging deeper into Pixinsight.. which I wasn’t expecting .. maybe I’m just getting too old to learn yet another workflow interface 🧐 Most of these have trials I think so worth seeing how they suit you.