Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Powermate Dimensions

Hi I am designing a custom foam insert for a peli case and i would like to know the outer diameter and total length of the televue 2x and 4x powermates they are both the two inch ones. If anyone could spare a few mins to measure them id really appreciate it as the dimensions are not listed on the site from what i can see.

Clear skies,

T.

On 24/08/2020 at 10:40, Robindonne said:

Do you have them already?

I would like to get both in the near future, I am currently getting a custom cut foam insert for a peli case and would like to add space for them now. If I knew the sizes I could have the spaces cut into the foam using cnc rather than going at it with a knife in the future.

Thanks for the reply,

T.

23 minutes ago, tadhg_mcfenian said:

I would like to get both in the near future, I am currently getting a custom cut foam insert for a peli case and would like to add space for them now. If I knew the sizes I could have the spaces cut into the foam using cnc rather than going at it with a knife in the future.

Thanks for the reply,

T.

I don't know how accurate the measurements are, but have a look here: Powermate 4x and here: Powermate 2 x 2  

You need to click on the specification tab, but you will see detailed measurements for each part of the Powermate.

1 hour ago, tadhg_mcfenian said:

Thanks for the reply,

T.

I can give you the size of the 2”x4.   Ill take it this evening and send it to you

2 hours ago, Shimrod said:

I don't know how accurate the measurements are, but have a look here: Powermate 4x and here: Powermate 2 x 2  

You need to click on the specification tab, but you will see detailed measurements for each part of the Powermate.

I searched the furthest reaches of the internet last weekend and didnt see that. 🙄😅 Thank you kindly Shimrod.

2 hours ago, Robindonne said:

Oh all is here indeed😅

Thanks also Robin.

On 25/08/2020 at 16:44, Robindonne said:

I can give you the size of the 2”x4.   Ill take it this evening and send it to you

Could you send me those dimensions if you get some time, both outer diameter and total length including the 1.25 adapter. I checked my 2.5x powermate and its completely different than listed. Cheers, T.

hope you can make the correct nesting with this sketch.

total length 146 mm (including dustcap)

total width top-part 60 mm
total width bottom part 54 mm

the 60 mm width has a height of 24/25 mm, from 24/25 mm it has a slightly curved part to the 54 mm width.   
that curved side is 48/49 mm long.  
I measured it straight, so not the exact length of the curve.  

Make sure the top part (the 60 mm width- -curve- - 54 mm width) is 73 mm long.

Make sure the bottom part (the 54 mm width) is also 73 mm long. 

25+48+73 = 146 mm total

602AF9AA-0B66-47D7-A916-5B41F89F3348.jpeg

But i have to say that mine is in the filter-nesting in foam in an eyepiece case. 52x143 mm long.  Just a normal straight space.  And it fits perfectly.   It also fits filtercases etc.  So maybe just make a rectangular nesting?

C7BA1274-9B85-44DE-8502-DFCFD939F254.jpeg