Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  

Hey there! So if you have a telescope as mentioned in the title, you probably noticed that the focus wheel stops working after a bit.

Well If you look under the focuser you can see a small metal piece with 4 screws on it. You need a Philips head screwdriver to unscrew these, WARNING there's a lot of superglue(which actually isn't needed at all) so wear gloves!after you've unscrewed

the metal piece a small black 2 ended piece should fall out. If it didn't fall, take it out. Now place your focusing wheels back without that small piece that fell out and screw everything back in.
The remaining black piece that fell out should probably be thrown away.

Now just don't focus out to the max and everything should work just fine!
I hope this helped(btw I'm new here so i might've butchered the terminology) *just let me know

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JamieHardcastle
      Hi everyone,
      My other half bought me (us) a Celestron 130 for my birthday recently.
      I have watched tutorials and done a lot of reading about collimating and various other tips since alongside several hours peering through the telescope.
      I can achieve a very crisp image of the moon which is awesome. However, trying to get a decent focus on Mars/Jupiter Saturn is proving very frustrating. The only non-blurred image of any of them is a single white-point, non dissimilar to what I can see via the naked eye. 
      i’ve tried both the 20mm & 10mm lenses and adjusted the focus in and out all the way.

Any advice would be gratefully received.
      thank you, in advance.
    • By MountainDog
      I have just encountered an error message which says "NO RESPONSE 16" when I power up my 130slt. Has anyone else experienced this issue?
    • By Dario
      Hi everyone!
      As I said few days ago in my presentation I recently got my first scope  (skywatcher 127) and over the last days I tried to test It.
      Due to impossibility (temporary) to bring the scope in a decent location to make observations, I had to test it from home through a window  (and under the sky of London - not the best at all). So i know that quality is of course affected.
      On the other hand, I am sure that the performances are worse than I could expect also under these conditions (maybe you will correct me) and would asks for opinions to improve.
      As a (mainly) planetary scope, I did not have a lot of choice: no Moon, Jupiter and Saturn out of my field of view. I pointed at Mars.
      First sight, I see the very big central obstruction. I played with the knob of the focus to get rid of the big black spot in the centre of my target and here you are the issues that I would like to talk about:
      1) the target became very small (ok) but still was not focus  (very blurry and not a lot of clues to get atleast the shape of the planet well defined - can imagine to find any detail on it )
      2) Also the colours did not convince me as no other colour than a light yellow was visible
      3) Changing the eyepiece  (10 instead of 25) for a magnification of 150x did not improve the situation: probably the image was even worse, more blurry with more irregular shape than before, no ability to focus at all. Differences from before : bigger (but still much smaller than expected) and very little variation in colours (I believe I saw a bit of orange).
      To complete, later, I tried the scope to stars: Orion costellation was visible from my place and tried to all the stars. Although still a bit blurry  (the brightest stars), I had impression of more sharp view, differentiation in colour and better shape  (stars almost like a dot). Moreover, to give you a final idea, Mars (at the best focus I could get) did not appear that much bigger than Betelguese.
      What do you think I can do to get better results? Could be a scope problem or some adjustments needed? Unfortunately I have no comparisons. 
      Thank you, Hope I was not too long 😅
    • By NightSky_Wanderer
      Hi,
      I am hoping someone here may be able to offer some help or advice. I have submitted a support ticket with Celestron but I am still waiting for a reply and would really like to get this working ready for the next clear sky!
      I recently brought a starsense but have not been able to use it because it comes up with the following errors,
      Err: Model Num
      The telescope model could not be read and initialization cannot proceed.
      Critical error!
      File: ..\source\mo
      Line: 1468
      An unexpected error occurred that may cause the HC to not opperate normally.
      When updating the controller and camera it finishes succesfully but when I check for new updates it proceeds to install the same one again and again.
      I can still control the mount and I think the camera tried to do an alignment in my room.
      I have a Celestron Nexstar 6SE.
      Thanks
      Adz
    • By Witcherking10
      Hello all,
      I always been fascinated by astronomy and finally purchased a celestron nexstar 8se. Setup went smoothly but I'm a little stuck on the lens. I attached the star diagonal to the telescope and focused in on an object. I was able to see a part of the leaf on the plant in my house and I attached a picture of that. Moving the telescope left and right allowed me to see other things. I then took out the 25mm lens and can see through that when not attached to the telescope. I can see my sandals and feet through the lens and attached a picture of that. I then inserted the 25mm lens into the star diagonal and that's where all hope gets lost. I see white (assuming that's my wall) and yes the cover on the telescope is also off. No matter where I move the telescope. All I see is white. I tried last night in clear skies and pointed towards some clear stars using the skyportal app to align but I didnt see anything except pitch black through the lens. I also played with the focus but nothing. Am I doing something wrong, I would think the 25mm wouldnt be so zoomed in that I cant see anything? Thanks for any help you can provide me. Looking forward to exploring!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.