Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  

Hey there! So if you have a telescope as mentioned in the title, you probably noticed that the focus wheel stops working after a bit.

Well If you look under the focuser you can see a small metal piece with 4 screws on it. You need a Philips head screwdriver to unscrew these, WARNING there's a lot of superglue(which actually isn't needed at all) so wear gloves!after you've unscrewed

the metal piece a small black 2 ended piece should fall out. If it didn't fall, take it out. Now place your focusing wheels back without that small piece that fell out and screw everything back in.
The remaining black piece that fell out should probably be thrown away.

Now just don't focus out to the max and everything should work just fine!
I hope this helped(btw I'm new here so i might've butchered the terminology) *just let me know

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By StarGazingSiouxsie
      Hi,
      Now, I know that Cubble likes to keep fit. I try to keep all of my telescopes healthy and feed them only the best planets and DSOs. 
      But - why is that Cubble just LOVES to go all around the houses on some of his GOTOs?! Talk about taking the long way home!!!  I could have sworn that I had 'Cordwrap' set to 'Off'............. 
      I have set Cubs up with a totally cordfree / wire free system and therefore find this going 340 degrees around to an object that is 10 degrees away incredibly annoying and time wasting.  
      Well, I think I may have found the answer today. Some of you may already know this but for those that don't, I hope it helps relieve some of your frustration. 
      What I disovered is that the Star Sense hand controller resets the Cordwrap setting (MENU>>>TELESCOPE>>>CORDWRAP) back to 'ON' each time a new alignment is completed. So, one can spend time seemingly making sure that it is set to 'OFF' (if that's the setting you want, of course) only to find that once you have completed an alignment, the hand controller defaults the Cordwrap setting back to 'ON'.
      So, if you don't want or need Cordwrap set to 'ON', make sure you change the setting after completing each new alignment.

Siouxsie 
    • By Spacecake2
      What telescope brand would you choose?
      Reply below for your favourite telescope brand. It would be really helpful to know which brand to buy.
      Celestron, Meade, Orion, Skywatcher  etc.  
      Thank you for viewing

• By Spacecake2
      Hello,
      Does anyone know if I should upgrade my telescope? I have a Celestron Nextar 127slt and I've been using it for a few years now. I want to see more detail on Jupiter, Saturn and Mars.
      Does anyone have any suggestions from Celestron?
      Kind Regards
    • By Spacecake2
      Hi, 
      I'm just wanting some advice on the eye relief and the quality of the 6mm Omni ep. I have a Nextar 127slt MAK. Can someone please tell me if I should buy it?
      Thank you,
      Spacecake 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.