Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Mostafa

What images can I expect to get from this setup?

I was wondering what images of dso I could get with this setup. How and how much would my images improve if I added in a decent file flattened and what would happen if I exceeded the maximum telescope magnification with Barlow lens.9623B4CF-F5F0-41EC-B31D-7906DAF6B4D7.thumb.png.f5a4be7d7fd418a02686e8def082c2f0.png

AD52740D-B602-45B7-B308-9BA19A1EFA2E.jpeg

457E97B4-BF35-4DD8-B00A-D68912E7618B.jpeg

F9040CDA-41F8-4249-A8C5-463A81162342.jpeg

Have a look on the Astrobin website, you can search the images using the terms "72ED" and/or "DSLR", that will give you an idea of what's capable with that scope and camera. Be sure to look at what mount was used though! 

• Like 1

The mount is the limiting factor in that set up. I suspect you’ll be limited to 30-60 second subs depending on your polar alignment and acceptable of rejection rate of subs. 

I think a field flattener is good, but I would go for a better mount first.

• Like 1

EQ3 needs careful setting up to give its best and a more rigid (or modified) tripod, but if you get up to 60 second unguided subs you can add guiding and easily achieve 5 minutes.

Guiding is the life blood of astrophotography.

Olly

5 hours ago, Mostafa said:

what images of dso I could get with this setup.

Hi

Not sure where you are but from 38° N at the moment you could get m31, the Andromeda galaxy, and whilst you're waiting for it to get high enough, choose a star cluster in Cygnus. Add to m31 each night whilst choosing a different cluster beforehand. Even better with a field flattener.

HTH

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now