SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Solar System Marathon

cplee42

Finally have had some time to post my observing session across late evening 1st Aug and early morning 2nd Aug at a remote dark site near Bristol. I am calling it my “Solar System Marathon” for want of a better name. Captured the following on my iphone against either 15x70 binos or my 8”SCT. Comet Neowise, Mercury, Venus, (Earth 😉), Moon, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, asteroid Ceres and Noctilucent Clouds before finally catching Sol at sunrise. Not a bad session at all! Pluto was never possible in my Scope so glad its not a Planet! Interesting where astronomy can take you on a single night when conditions permit...9CBF1256-919E-469D-BFC3-F2657AA345C0.thumb.jpeg.b01e99017f40176cfa7c5b0c8eb5e32b.jpeg

• Like 3

Great stuff. Really nice to have captured images of them all too. I managed all seven planets in a single session on the morning of 1st and caught the Moon and NEOWISE on the evening of 31st, effectively the same night. Really chuffed to have done it, well done to you too! 👍👍