Narrowband

Good evening from Ireland

Slingshot

Hello every body,

Just joined the forum as a total novice. Just bought a Skycatcher Explorer 130P in the hope it will be a good start scope. I live in an almost dark sky part of SW Ireland. I was overwhelmed by the choice of  telescopes, but hope i have made a good choice to begin with. Hoping to ask lots of questions and getting some advice. 

Regards

Slingshot

• Like 1

Hi Slingshot and a warm welcome to the forum.  The Sky Watcher 130P is ceretainly a good place to start.  I have been to your part of the country (Co. Cork), a lovely area I have to say, you are so lucky.  Good luck & clear skies!

Welcome to SGL. I too am currently based in SW Ireland, not far from Baltimore. The skies are truly spectacular when the weather permits.   I’ve just temporarily adopted a 130p from my bro in law while his house gets some work done and it’s very good!

20 minutes ago, Starwatcher2001 said:

Hi Slingshot. Welcome aboard SGL, and to astronomy. Wanna swap your lovely dark skies for my light polluted ones?

Hi Starwatcher 2001, thanks for your welcome. Slingshot

20 minutes ago, westmarch said:

Hello and welcome to the forum.  A dark sky is worth many inches of telescope aperture. Of course you also need clear skies, here’s hoping you have many.

John

Thank you John - of late we've had some clear skies, but last couple of have miserable.

Garry

• 1 month later...