Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hey everyone, I just purchased my first refractor telescope but I have no idea where to get started, let’s get right into what my problem is. I purchased a Celestron C4-R; model number 21016; this came with a bunch of little pieces that I don’t know what they do, it’s a refractor telescope. I have the star diagonal but I don’t know where to attach it. I just want to know what I have to do to have it ready to be used thank you I would like help asap thank you👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

53C87293-EF0B-4312-8D06-72F69F40D616.jpeg

8805536E-E618-4AA1-B151-F75483569FCC.jpeg

4346B238-6991-4593-B354-24F566ABAF6F.jpeg

Edited by Starboy6969
Picture

Hey there John, thank you for the fast response, I read the manual however I can’t manage to setup the eyepiece on the star diagonal. I posted some pictures of what I have, I don’t know how I need to put together all that or where those things go on the telescope, thank you!

12 minutes ago, John said:
11 minutes ago, John said:

Hello and welcome to the forum.

This link should be the instruction manual that covers your scope:

Celestron1510UsersManual393336.199887065.pdf 291.91 kB · 4 downloads

Feel free to ask questions if things are still unclear.

thank you so mi cuh 

Theres a loose screw on barrel next to your 32mm eyepiece, try to screw that onto the star diagonal then place that barrel into the focuser making sure to fasten it inplace using the locking screw then place any eyepiece into the diagonal again securing it inplace with the locking screw/nut.

On closer inspection 😛 that barrel/nosepiece may be from the 32mm eyepiece.

On even closer inspection 😛 I see a machine thread coming out of your longest eyepiece/barlow,  it's possible that the nosepiece of the diagonal is inside (it's sat next to the diagonal in the image)...

Edited by Bruce Leeroy

Ok I think that's for attaching to a camera, your looking for a small nosepiece/barrel with a suitable thread that fits into the diagonal. If your unsuccesful today in finding the attachment you could try what's called "straight through" viewing this way you wont need the diagonal but it will be akward looking at high elevations.

Just place an eyepiece directly into the telescopes focuser.

Edited by Bruce Leeroy

That is part of the finder scope. Lots missing there including the objective lens !

I think the silver barrel for the diagonal might be stuffed into the barlow lens that you have.

1 minute ago, Starboy6969 said:

Ohhh okok so that means that I can’t use the star diagonal?

If you can get the silver barrel out of the top of the barlow lens, it may well screw into the diagonal  then you can use it.

Where I’m at supposedly Jupiter is going to be more visible than other times, which one (from the picture that has everything) could I use to get an ok view of it?

image.jpg

Edited by Starboy6969
Photo

2 minutes ago, Starboy6969 said:

how would I do the straight through method you stated?

Put the 32mm eyepiece into the focuser and secure the screws then wind the focuser  until the thing your looking at comes into focus 😛 OK I'm off for now good luck in your endeavours and I'll look for your updates tomorrow, welcome to SGL!!

Hi

Is there a thread on the inside of the diagonal that can attach to your telescope, I can't quite tell from the photo, normally as John showed you, the diagonal show have a silver nose piece that slots inside the scope. But yours may screw on but kit sure, I'm only just looking at thus quickly before work and haven't looked at your many yet. Edit.........If you look on your case there's a sliver short barrel nose piece with a thread on it screw that silver barrel into the diagonal where there's a little thread, then your diagonal should look like the picture John showed you and then sorted 👍

Edited by LeeHore7

Well it looks like you have the nose piece for the diagonal missing, you can still use the scope looking straight through but going to be awkward. Your going have to look for a 2" diagonal now something like this if money is tight there are more expensive ones but this will easily do the job.https://www.firstlightoptics.com/diagonals/skywatcher-90-erecting-prism.html

Let me know if you need a 2-1.25mm adapter something like this I will send you one. https://www.firstlightoptics.com/adapters/baader-2-to-125-reducer-adapter.html

1 hour ago, Bruce Leeroy said:

That's the nosepiece for the 32mm.

I think the nosepiece is stuck in that barlow.

image.jpg.fe12582af0247a184982bed970bb8b6a.jpg

Isn't that the objective end of the finder? It has a rubber o-ring (albeit a little frayed)

image.png.359d38e0f0358cf057b087a97aca8d93.png

with objective in the box:

image.png.fd8a6b7dd22fbc8ce13669701b1166d1.png

and finder eyepiece:

image.png.c54fd019db8c4aec7449dee70a485238.png

This is a great game!

• Like 1