Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

SW AZ-EQ6 Mount

Good day fol;ks, after updating the motor control unit on this mount it still was not tracking (in ALT/AZ Mode). I spoke with the folks at SW USA and they suggested facing the control panel (on the mount) south instead of north for home position. Now the mount tracks in AZ mode. The question I have is: is there a way to reprogram/adjust the mount to have the control panel facing north instead of south? I am using a reflector OTA (when in AZ mode) and the view finder scope is at the bottom position. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Regards, Pappy

10 hours ago, Pappy said:

I am using a reflector OTA (when in AZ mode) and the view finder scope is at the bottom position.

What is the model of the scope? If its held in the OTA rings, you should be able to rotate the OTA so that the view finder is in more convenient position.

Good day AstroMuni, the  focuser is in a good position. However, the finder scope is on the bottom. If I rotate the OTA for the finder scope to be in a better position then the focuser is on the bottom.

On 11/08/2020 at 18:26, Pappy said:

Good day AstroMuni, the  focuser is in a good position. However, the finder scope is on the bottom. If I rotate the OTA for the finder scope to be in a better position then the focuser is on the bottom.

So that would suggest if you rotated it so that the finder is on the top, the focusser would end up on the left hand side, correct? Looks like you may need a stool or platform to reach the finder!

Send pics pls.

EDIT: I re-read your post. Did you mean that when you are looking at certain parts of the sky the focusser and finder end up in incovenient positions? If so, that is normal in the EQ mount. You just need to rotate the scope to a position that suits you in most positions. And in those inconvenient ones, you can rotate the scope in the rings.

Edited by AstroMuni