SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Perseids - Radio Detection Livestream - 12-13th August 2020

So for the Perseids I will be Livestreaming from 18:00 UTC 12 August through to 18:00 UTC on the 13 August - Live stream will be found here on You Tube 

I tend to stream most days but will always stream over Meteor Peaks

We managed to capture an event at 18:10 UTC on 29 May 2020 which coincided with the extensive Sporadic-E at that time the video is on the Channel 

Regards

John Berman

• Like 1

I am running a stream from my detector too in Hampshire.  The stream does go down from time to time.. I think the laptop hasn't quite got enough oomph to reliably run spectrum lab and stream via OBS to YouTube at the same time. 

Anyway, it is on my channel here when it's running. I do check periodically and restart the stream when needed. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9UOXkk28mj7QcuO_qVQuqw

PS. Is this a meteor ping? If it is, are the spikes due to the azimuth scanning of the radar beam? 

Screenshot_20200811_095328_com.google.android.youtube.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, strinjf said:

PS. Is this a meteor ping? If it is, are the spikes due to the azimuth scanning of the radar beam?

No it's a 12 second burst. 😀

The spikes are not the scan pattern as they should be 3.2seconds for each 7.5degrees.
The each whole sector should take 19.2 seconds to scan 45degrees.