sgl_imaging_challenge_2021_2.thumb.jpg.72789c04780d7659f5b63ea05534a956.jpg

COMPLETED - Omegon Cassegrain - Boxed as new.

Hello. I have been having a bit of a cull lately and have some really good gear for sale - it is just not being used.
Omegon CC 154/1848 scope BOXED. Dovetail rail. Back-focus adapters. (COMPLETELY NEW). £280. Collection only due to weight from DE55 (respecting distancing of course).

Please see pictures and thank you for looking.

Matthew

IMG_20200808_194608.jpg

IMG_20200808_195507.jpg

IMG_20200808_195517.jpg

IMG_20200808_195549.jpg

Edited by rockinrome
Price drop
On 15/08/2020 at 08:02, SimonQ81 said:

Hi Matthew,

Am interested in the 50mm finder scope. Wondered if you’d do £30 posted?

Just getting into the hobby myself hence this being my first post!

Simon

Hi Simon - sent you a PM.

Thank you.

• 4 months later...
17 minutes ago, rockinrome said:

COMPLETED - SOLD

Can't seem to edit the post or title anymore, so this will have to do!

Matthew

Top right, next to box which says author, 3 little squares. Click on these and the edit option will pop up....:smiley:

27 minutes ago, rockinrome said:

COMPLETED - SOLD

Can't seem to edit the post or title anymore, so this will have to do!

Matthew

The thread is more than 3 months old. After that the title becomes locked.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By shiladazz
      Hi,
      I am a beginner and planning to buy my first telescope. After much research I decided to go for an 8 inch Dobsonian and since I am in Germany I chose Skywatcher 8 inch classic which seems to be the favorite. 
      However, Astroshop.de pushed out the delivery date to July and others like Teleskop  Spezialisten have refused to take any preorder before he has cleared his backlog. Astro shop has already postponed delivery by two month and there is no guarantee they won’t do it again. 

They have a earlier  delivery date on GSO 8 inch Dob with the deluxe version with  1:10 micro reduction and better EP - 2” 30 mm vs 1.25” 25 mm on SW. The GSO is 50 Eur more expensive but at this point I am beyond caring for EUR 50 to be honest. 

Finally, they also have an Omegon 8 inch option which Stefan Taube as an expert has commented as the same GSO OTA essentially with a better rockerbox. This unit is available for immediate delivery. 
      https://www.astroshop.eu/telescopes/omegon-dobson-telescope-prodob-n-203-1200-radiant/p,62920
      Does anyone have experience with Omegon and GSO and would care to share with me if this is a prudent choice given the circumstances? Are they indeed the same? 
      I do not want to wait a year for the device but also would not want to jump in without checking with you experts.
      cheers, 
      shiladazz
    • By rotatux
      This is a compact camera shot of the view through my Omegon Polar Finder for the EQ-300 of the same manufacturer. (taken with Canon Powershot SX110 IS)
      It shows the reticle, which is not especially practical, since there's no mark facing years and no angular distance scale.
      So I used direct shots at the background scene with known focal and FoV to calibrate the finder resolution, then used it to mark the 2018 distance for Polaris-NCP.
    • By Sunshine
      Finally i have had some time tonight, under a clear sky, to point my new SW Mak 150 which i bought in December at the beautiful waxing crescent moon in the western sky outside my backyard porch.
      i had no idea what to expect, having never even looked through a mak before, i set the scope out early and left it to equalize while i had dinner and some television, 3 hours later i realized i had put the scope out and bolted out lol.
      I inserted my 24mm X cell LX reasoning that with the inherent narrow FOV of this scope i better use a 24 right off the bat, well it was just enough to squeeze the moon into the FOV entirely, and what a grand view it was, i really was blown away!.
      First off i was struck by the beautiful contrast, the razor sharp limb against the inky black sky was fantastic, second was earthshine, beautiful looking and striking against the darker backdrop, craters speckled up and down the terminator with mare's and mountain ranges 
      beautifully contrasted and razor sharp.
      Seeing conditions were very good, with minimal atmospheric distortion,  i was able to push magnification up to 250 while maintaining image quality with minimal loss, i can honestly say that this Mak has provided me with a view of the moon i haven't seen since 
      looking through a Televue Frac at a star party years ago.
      I can't wait to give Jupiter a go later tonight if the clouds don't roll in as expected since rain is in the forecast for the morning, but i don't mind anyway, i have waited since December for both weather and time to finally use my new scope, i can wait for jupiter.
      Tonight, i felt as though i rediscovered the moon, such was the absolutely beautiful view through this scope which is new to me, i will be looking at some eyepieces with a bit longer FL to give me a bit more FOV around the moon, maybe a 30mm would do the trick.

• By Relpet
      See pdf attached
      ZWO v Omegon ADC.pdf

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.