Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

Sign in to follow this  
Les Tilly

Helix Blown up then processed

I enlarged this image I took with my SV102ED and Canon 40D I cropped out the helix then processed not sure if it was worth it but it sure is big now

Les

post-15556-133877352869_thumb.jpg

That's great Les, I've not seen this one as close-up. It's pretty low this one isn't it?

Adam

It certainly was worth it. It's a super looking object, which is quite low for us in the UK at -21 degrees approx.

Nice one Les. :thumbright:

Ron.

Wow, that's a beauty! I have only 'seen' this one through a GRAS telescope.

Out of interest, I found with the ring nebula, that cropping it, then enlarging the crop and converting it to a high dpi, will enable you to find details that you didn't know you had :hello2: Hmmm, maybe I should try that on other images too.....

Thanks for posting Les, enjoyed that one.

TJ

anyone tried any of the Fractal based enlargment plugins for astro work... they aint cheap but look pretty amazing...

Billy...

anyone tried any of the Fractal based enlargment plugins for astro work... they aint cheap but look pretty amazing...

Billy...

Have no idea what that is Billy and I dont think my PC CAN HANDLE ANYMORE PROGRAMES :hello2:

It certainly was worth it. It's a super looking object, which is quite low for us in the UK at -21 degrees approx.

Nice one Les. :thumbright:

Ron.

I managed to grab this image in August from a dark site (coyle fields New Jersey USA) with a great view of the Horizon if I had not gone I would not see this from my backyard because of tree's and sheds I was glad I went

Les

Wow, that's a beauty! I have only 'seen' this one through a GRAS telescope.

Out of interest, I found with the ring nebula, that cropping it, then enlarging the crop and converting it to a high dpi, will enable you to find details that you didn't know you had :hello2: Hmmm, maybe I should try that on other images too.....

Thanks for posting Les, enjoyed that one.

TJ

I have the ring Nebula image I did with my C11 will try the same with it

Thanks Les