Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Svbony sv105 v zwo asi120mc v cannon 1100d

Hi

I have a svbony sv105 webcam, I'm looking at the zwo asi120mc, the specs look much the same, but my sv105 the only colour space is mjpg, the zwo will do raw 8, rgb24, mono and raw 16, this seems better quality than just mjpg colour space, am I correct. Or thinking is a cannon 1100d a good choice for dslr instead of these webcams. Kind regards 

Edited by LeeHore7

1 hour ago, michael8554 said:

Depends what kind of imaging you want to do.

The webcams will do Planetary Video Imaging with the 127, with the ASI being better than the Svbony, the 1100D would do Long Exposure DSO's with the 150P.

Michael

Hi Michael 

Thank you, I was hopeful that the asi would be better than the svbony because of the ability to do more with the colour space. It'll be mainly planetary, lunar and double star imaging but with the odd dso, so could the 1100 do the planets and lunar well, as I know it'll do dso's great 

10 hours ago, michael8554 said:

You can use the 1100D for Planetary, the 5X LiveView Video Mode is good quality:

https://www.astropix.com/html/i_astrop/eq_tests/canon_one_to_one_pixel_resolution.html

Michael

Hi Michael

So you think the cannon 1100D would be a good purchase over the asi as it can do planetary and dso images, the cannon is a bit cheaper as seen a few for sale online. I do have access to a nikon d100, could that suffice instead of the asi or cannon?

Edited by LeeHore7