Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eyepiece inventory

JeremyS

I thought it was high time to do an eyepiece inventory. How do you know when you have too many eyepieces? Answer:

1. You can never have too many eyepieces

or

2. When you need to take a panorama to fit them all in.

Anyway: what's missing?

IMG_2448.jpg.e35f2ab4b3c76a52adc5879488b3c7b2.jpg

Panorama:

IMG_2445.JPG.a6df4195726efc4e069360f97cf6f1ed.JPG

Edited by JeremyS
  • Like 9

What's missing?   You could do with the full set of Brandon eyepieces and gold diagonal. Then a full set of Zeiss Abbe Ortho's could be squeezed in I think. I'd buy either of these options off you Jeremy,  cheap of course, if you didn't get along with them, or if you find yourself struggling for room. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I suspect I may have more scopes than eyepieces at the moment! Something wrong there.

Wonderful collection Jeremy!

Oh, and incase you are tempted to ask, can I just decline your kind invitation..... I really can’t afford another divorce!! 🤣🤣

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Stu said:

Oh, and incase you are tempted to ask, can I just decline your kind invitation..... I really can’t afford another divorce!! 🤣🤣

I'd never come between you and Mrs Stu, Stu. We think she's great.

🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Highburymark said:

Oops - maybe I spoke too soon - are those two pairs of BV eyepieces I see at right front?  In which case we really need to work on expanding your binoviewing collection...

Well spotted Mark!

31 minutes ago, John said:

Are you intending to downsize your collection Jeremy (or increase it, maybe ?) or do you feel that you have got to where you want to be now ?

Good question, John! A few weeks ago, when I took delivery of the Nagler 26, I wrote on these very pages that "I'm done with eyepieces".

There is only one that I'd really like to add and that is as much for sentimental reasons as any. The eyepiece in question is a Pentax XP 3.8mm (1-inch fitting). This i got about the same time as my Takahashi FS102. I was living in Singapore at the time and Mars was overhead. The XP gave stunning images in the FS102 (I tried loads of other eyepieces).

When I returned to the UK in 2004 I gave up visual astronomy almost completely, focussing on CCD, and stupidly I sold it.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Over the past few years I've re-bought a few eyepieces that I used to own and enjoy.

In almost all cases they did not prove so good the 2nd time around so I've learned a lesson now :dontknow:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, John said:

Over the past few years I've re-bought a few eyepieces that I used to own and enjoy.

In almost all cases they did not prove so good the 2nd time around so I've learned a lesson now :dontknow:

John, would you mind if I ask what eyepieces they were?

34 minutes ago, John said:

That’s actually very reassuring John. Thank you!

• Like 1