Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

the English obsession

alacant

Pass!       🤣

On 30/07/2020 at 13:59, JeremyS said:

Guilty as charged. In fact I think I've got every one of those scopes 

But give that guy a few more weeks and he will have a Tak or two in his collection 🙂

Tick Tak, tick Tak.       

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, laudropb said:

Us Scots are obviously more frugal. I only have 6 scopes. Oh and 3 spotting scopes for bird watching. I  have a double stacked Lunt. Does that count as 1.5 ??

Laudropb that's because we have only two types of cloud cover:  "thick and persistent"  and "persistently thick" - so we don't need such a varied inventory to penetrate the void.  :) Apparently we are in for an African heat wave next week , just in time for the school holidays ending :( 

Jim 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, andrew s said:

I only have two. One at PixelSkies in Castillejar for the clear skies and one at home that I can stroke.

Regards Andrew 

Is that strictly true, Andrew? What about the rather upmarket spotting scope you took delivery of not so long ago? 🙂

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

Is that strictly true, Andrew? What about the rather upmarket spotting scope you took delivery of not so long ago? 🙂

Yes, guilty as charged forgot about it. Make that 3 but I am not sure spotting scopes rearly count (and it's a correct image refractor).😳

Regards Andrew 

Edited by andrew s
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, andrew s said:

Yes, guilty as charged forgot about it. Make that 3 but I am not sure spotting scopes rearly count (and it's a correct image refractor).😳

Regards Andrew 

OK, that's better. Since it's a refactor it counts double as stated above, but we'll knock off 0.25 for it being correct image and 0.25 being a spotter. So you have 2.5 telescopes 🙂

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

OK, that's better. Since it's a refactor it counts double as stated above, but we'll knock off 0.25 for it being correct image and 0.25 being a spotter. So you have 2.5 telescopes 🙂

Don't  think much to your maths. 1 + 1 + (1 ×2) - 0.25 - 0.25 = 3.5

Regards Andrew 

Edited by andrew s
  • Haha 1

A mere six scopes here (soon to be seven). I have a lot of fun observing with different scopes during a session and comparing the views. And of course I use different scopes for different objects, different conditions, different occasions and different moods. And I have a scope for Sunday best. 🙂

• Like 2

Apparently i'm really not trying hard enough with only 3 scopes. Seems i'm in the Scottish Cloudy brigade

Dont get any grief about the current 3 but the 8" dob seemed to be a bone of contention - till it went

Edited by omo

On ‎03‎/‎08‎/‎2020 at 11:15, JeremyS said:

Refractors count double, of course 🙂

Got to have spares scopes for parts. :D

Only trouble is, these scopes never fail. :icon_scratch:

PICT0001 (Medium).JPG

Edited by L8-Nite
photo
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Paz said:

The last few scopes I have acquired were based on a political agreement to sell on a one in one out basis.

...and I will sell some scopes ...at some point.

As I understand, politics are not allowed here, so acquire what you want !  :wink:

Prior to 2009, I had two telescopes during the previous 35 or so years. Then I discovered Astronomy forums, and my wallet started to get lighter. Fortunately I was able to restrain the outflow after retiring the old guard and acquiring five replacements over time. All things considered, two telescopes would be satisfactory for my needs.

• Like 2