Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Lenses Under Consideration

I am considering the lenses below to go along with my first telescope.  Not all of them at first but over the next 6 months.  I wanted to see if anyone has any thoughts or have used these lenses, I would especially appreciate their thoughts.  Also, I would not get both the 8 and 9 mm, just one or the other.  They will be used with a Celestron NexStar 8SE telescope.  

Moon.png.fc8534986bd30e3be7b8dce77eb0b085.png

Thanks so much.

Somberro.png

Edited by Liquidtravel

I would error toward 60 to 70 degree eyepieces.  You'll probably find that 52 degree eyepieces feel very constrictive.  Since you have an f/10 telescope, there are quite a few affordable wide field eyepieces.

1 hour ago, Louis D said:

I would error toward 60 to 70 degree eyepieces.  You'll probably find that 52 degree eyepieces feel very constrictive.  Since you have an f/10 telescope, there are quite a few affordable wide field eyepieces.

That is a great point.  I was also looking at the Baader Hyperion Eyepiece line.  They are 68 degrees and reasonably priced.