Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Binocular case

-chris-

My hellos naturesport 10x50 binocular case has seen better days so I need a new case, do I go for a standard padded case, a hard case or even a small flight case. The latter I was thinking would last longer aswell as protecting the binocular.

Has anybody else upgraded their binocular case?

Depends on ease of carrying and “value” (actual or perceived). I have “rehoused” several binoculars in Pelicases, mainly to protect them. The other reason is that finding a close fitting replacement case is nigh on impossible so the customisable goal in a pelicase works well. Not the lightest or most comfortable to carry. If you can find a padded case that would fit id probably go with that.

Peter

• Thanks 1

tend to agree with Peter, I've bought a few trad leather cases and some fit, others don't, still keeping an eye out for one that'll suit the Swift HR/5's. Padded ones work fine, the Minolta 10x50's came in one and being rubber clad they don't fit a regular leather case which were more usually in the non-rubber clad era. You might find something in the samsonite range if lucky.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the advice Peter and dave. It really is a minefield trying to find a case.

Astroboot has a standard binocular case for £2.50 + p&p. The description says 10x50 porro prism, its got to be worth a try at that price.