Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Left over collection

Didn’t know if i had to post in beginners or here.   But this case with some eyepieces is almost part of a deal (something i bought).  Im only searching for an opinion, are most good or just a single one?   The second from topleft is unbranded.  

7D8061C0-7777-40CB-AD21-B2E38411F7F6.jpeg

Edited by Robindonne
  • Like 2

Some nice ones there:

- Orion Megavista (quite sought after and the first that caught my eye)

- TMB Planetary 9mm

- TAL 25mm plossl

- 16mm Konig

The others are decent but not outstanding.

If those are left overs the others must be pretty good !

• Thanks 1

Yes?  The orion is a 16.8.   Dont know yet how they’re gonna perform, i’m to short in this hobby.   The only one i recognized was the halloween plössl.   I know the guy, who bought the c5+ from me, was after these old celestrons.  The rest are all eyepieces i have to rate based on ratings from more experienced users.  So at least 4 are good, plus the celestron who gets a new owner immediately after i receive them.  
Thx for the first look at it!

Edited by Robindonne

I received a dm immediately after posting that photo. That certain person/member told me, no matter how much John wants to pay for it, he pays more.  

5 hours ago, Solar B said:

I was gonna say that the Halloween plossl's do have a bit of a cult following 

and I've not seen a 32mm before in the flesh.

Brian 

Yes thats what i thought.   A fellow Dutchman bought my old scope with some old ultimas.  I offered him this one.  And i think 50/50 he wants it.  

8 minutes ago, Robindonne said:

I received a dm immediately after posting that photo. That certain person/member told me, no matter how much John wants to pay for it, he pays more.... 

I've already owned one a while back  17mm is now covered in my collection by these two :smiley:

17mmeps.JPG

• Like 2

Oh and that certain person’s name starts with an F.🤔.  

They are of course not top items but im willing to sell some if someone is really after a particular model.  I promised that certain person to contact him about the orion.  I’m not sure about the costs for sending from the Netherlands to the Uk. But maybe when 3 or 4 items must be shipped, its better to ship it to one adress of a trusted sgl member (i know, we all are🙂) to keep shippingcosts low.   I guess national shipping is cheaper then overseas.  

Edited by Robindonne
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...

Regarding the Orion Megavista 16.8mm eyepiece referred to in this thread:

I read this thread when it was first posted, but only today read the latter parts of it..when I did so, I was frankly outraged..

On 28/07/2020 at 16:27, Robindonne said:

I received a dm immediately after posting that photo. That certain person/member told me,  no matter how much John wants to pay for it, he pays more.

On 28/07/2020 at 16:38, Robindonne said:

Oh and that certain person’s name starts with an F.🤔.  

I believe that "That certain person/member" whose "name starts with an F" was me...(F15Rules).

Having read the original post, I was interested in the Orion Megavista 16.8mm eyepiece, as I already have the Carton branded versions in the other sizes. This is exactly what I said in my private message:

"Hi there (Robin?),

I saw your post on "leftover eyepieces", and noticed that they included the Orion Megavista 16.8mm.

I wondered if you might be interested in selling it? I have the Carton branded versions in 10.5mm and 28mm (I think the 28mm is the rarest of the range).

I paid c £40 each for mine, so if yours is in very good condition (does it have both lens caps?), and you are willing to sell it, I would be happy to offer you £40 for yours, plus reasonable postage.

Thanks for reading my message, and whether you decide to sell it or not, I wish you congratulations on finding this little selection.

Best wishes,

Dave"

At NO STAGE did I state, as claimed above, that  "no matter how much John wants to pay for it, he pays more." I would NEVER try to outbid another member for an item, as anyone who knows me will attest.

John is a highly respected senior member and Moderator on SGL, and he clearly stated he was not interested in buying this eyepiece.

I also offered some advice/thoughts as to the identification of other eyepieces in the OPs' photo, to try to help him.

I did not pursue my interest after I was advised that postage would be c £20, and also in between registering my interest in the Megavista and receiving a costed reply on shipping, I had found a second Morpheus 17.5mm for binoviewing.

I can provide the full transcript of the full exchange of messages I had with RobinDonne if required.

I hope this sets the record straight and I hope that no false statements will in future be attributed to me.

Thank you.

Dave

Edited by F15Rules
Additional text info
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, F15Rules said:

I can provide the full transcript of the full exchange of messages I had with RobinDonne if required.

I hope this sets the record straight and I hope that no false statements will in future be attributed to me.

The percentage of seriousness was about 0%.   It was a reaction to a post before from Bomberbaz.   

Sorry