SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

I think I wrecked my scope help

Last night I installed the feather touch micro focus on my Celestron edge hd 8. Once I had it on I pushed the focuser forward so the plate was flush again so I could screw it back on from the stock focuser It pushed forward smooth but I  don't think I was supposed to push that in now my focuser  seems like gets off when I'm turning it to get into focus it pops it jerks across the view I can get a focus to come in it doesn't seem like my focus is that great at all now I don't know what should do. So I can focus but it jerks like tension built up and pops back and my focus is ....only ok. I was thinking put the stock focuser back on to try to restore it and then install the micro touch again. I'm so stupid.  Help

I followed the instructions but I pushed the focuser in instead of screwing it.  Idk if I should take the feather touch direct replacement for sct8 off and gently pull back on or what

13 minutes ago, Shaun Sr said:

I followed the instructions but I pushed the focuser in instead of screwing it.  Idk if I should take the feather touch direct replacement for sct8 off and gently pull back on or what

How far did you thread the focuser on the shaft before pushing? Assuming this focuser here: Starlight micro focus for Celestron SCT it does say you might need to push the focuser in slightly to get the focuser flush with the tube.

Are you sure you haven't engaged the mirror locks on the OTA which might also be causing the jerky movement? 

7 hours ago, Shaun Sr said:

I don't know how you do that lock the mirrors. But I pushed it like 1 inch

Here is a link to the EdgeHD optics manual -  EdgeHD 8" manual If you look on page 7 it shows two 'mirror lock' knobs. These hold the mirror is place for astrophotography. Make sure they are fully turned anti-clockwise to unlock.

• Thanks 1