Narrowband

First session in three months

mark81

Hi All,

It seems like such a long time since I've been here and under the stars...all to do with a combination of the current situation and long working hours and tiredness etc..

With a break in the clouds at about midnight last night i couldn't help but remove the thick layer of dust off the st80 and drop it outside the back door looking east. With the 15mm bst I picked out Andromeda really easily and felt so good to be back. The smell of the summer air, the sound of hedgehogs in the boarders, the warm breeze - perfect.  I avoided looking for anything challenging and just swept around Cassiopeia and had look at a few familiar fuzzies... 

I hope you are all well and enjoying the skies...

Mark 

• Like 13

Nice going Mark - great to see familiar targets, doesn't always need to be something new or exotic!

Not done much myself lately, apart from a great view of Comet Neowise a few nights ago.  I took advantage of the rare clear-ish sky, and got it with the help of Sky Safari (hardly noticeable naked eye).  Enjoyed the bright centre, fuzzy surround, and clear tail.

Meanwhile, I've ordered another TV eyepiece.  More of that later!

Doug.

• Like 1

A pretty similar situation my end. May and June were solid clouds and the comet got me out later than I would usually like. I must say, it was great to be back and I did just stick to old favourites. Hoping to get a few more nights when the moon starts waning again. August is a lovely month for observing. Good to hear of other people starting their post midsummer revival too.

• Like 2

Yeh, the comet ☄️ is the only object I’ve viewed for a few months but now the nights are drawing in I’m gonna start again in earnest in the next couple of weeks. I’ve spent the summer (and the money I’ve saved as a result of the lockdown) purchasing and completing the full set of Morpheus ep’s so looking forward to trying them out 🤞

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Jiggy 67 said:

Yeh, the comet ☄️ is the only object I’ve viewed for a few months but now the nights are drawing in I’m gonna start again in earnest in the next couple of weeks. I’ve spent the summer (and the money I’ve saved as a result of the lockdown) purchasing and completing the full set of Morpheus ep’s so looking forward to trying them out 🤞

I will be really interested to hear your thoughts on the Morpheus range Jiggy. I have just purchased my 1st one, the 14mm which should arrive soon. Can't wait to try it out and will no doubt add more of the range to my collection.

baz

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

I will be really interested to hear your thoughts on the Morpheus range Jiggy. I have just purchased my 1st one, the 14mm which should arrive soon. Can't wait to try it out and will no doubt add more of the range to my collection.

baz

A few months ago, I got the 17.5 and was really impressed. As I’ve banged on elsewhere in the forum 😀 I found it be immersive, crisp and sharp to the edges in my F5 newt with no noticeable aberrations so I set out on getting the rest of the range. I’ve yet to really try out the other focal lengths but I’ll update you when I do over the next few weeks 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jiggy 67 said:

A few months ago, I got the 17.5 and was really impressed. As I’ve banged on elsewhere in the forum 😀 I found it be immersive, crisp and sharp to the edges in my F5 newt with no noticeable aberrations so I set out on getting the rest of the range. I’ve yet to really try out the other focal lengths but I’ll update you when I do over the next few weeks 

That's really good to hear the 17.5 performs well in an f5 scope. I also have an f5 and am really looking forward to trying out the 14mm. The comments about the Morpheus range being very "immersive"  sound extremely positive to me.

I will eagerly await your reports on the remainder of the range!

Regards

Baz