Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Playing with the iPhone 11 camera

• 3 weeks later...

Actually the standard app on the iPhone 11 is pretty good for taking widefield shots. The image stabilisation works well, allowing you to take up to 30s exposures hand held. I found 10s works well.

I've got an iPhone X so maybe I'm missing something, but the best I can do is get a Live photo and then convert it to Long Exposre. That's only about 3 seconds but on my dob that should be fine.

EDIT: Just found it: "The Night Mode camera is a great feature of iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max". That's what I am missing then :D A newer phone :D 

Edited by RobertK
  • Like 1

I literally turned my phone upside down set it to 30second Exposure no app or even editing I live in the Cotswolds and get pretty good clear skies  with no light pollution so I guess that helps lol

I was surprised how good the cameras in my iPhone11 were too.

Here is a handheld picture I took at Joderell Bank late at night just before lockdown. It was very dark apart from some pathlights.

D74381E8-4D6A-42F0-AB18-BA61CB16E8C6.thumb.jpeg.fabba86d6be52567b124f4ce2dfc1344.jpeg

• Like 1