Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

APM 24mm Illuminated Reticle Finder EP not illuminating.

Hello all.   I’m feeling rather dumb ATM. I have this  reticule EP fitted to a finderscope and for the life of me I cannot get it to illuminate any more. 
The battery is fine and the illuminating unit shows red but will not show up when I look thru. 
Trying to look inside the unit is not shedding any “light” on the matter. 
Is it orientated incorrectly ????? 
Ideas people please - from Mr Magoo here, scratching his head. 

Thx. John 

Please clarify a couple of points for me.  Is there red light coming out of the end of the illuminator's threaded barrel?  Can you see the reticle in the eyepiece in daylight without the illuminator?

Edited by Louis D

Unthread the illuminator and see if the edge of the reticle is visible there (try a bright light).

It's possible the reticle's retaining ring has gotten loose, allowing the reticle to move.

The LED has to be at the edge of the glass to illuminate the reticle.  Even a millimeter off could remove the efficacy of the illuminator.

Agreed with Don above.  Try turning the eyepiece upside-down and looking up into it with the illuminator turned on and inserted to see if the reticle drops back to where it should be and lights up properly.  If so, you'll need to tighten a retaining ring under the reticle.  You might need to tap the eyepiece to get the reticle to move.

Edited by Louis D