Narrowband

Canon 600D mod question

Hello all,

I got a my hands on nice secondhand Canon 600D and am considering modding this one just like my 1100D.

But I got a bit confused. On my 1100D I have the BCF mod. Now I read that you can take the LPF-2 filter out and dont have to replace this with ie. a BCF filter but you can instead just use an external filter, which I use anyway (Baader neodynium)

I was always under the impression that a replacement filter (BCF) was needed in order to reach infinity and to use your camera with lenses .  (and daylight use with a custom white balance)

Does anyone know that taking out the LPF-2 and not replacing it with something will work? (can I still use it with lenses, reach infinity and use in daylight..)

I would say that something missing from the optical train will have an effect on the focal point..

But maybe I am asking a silly question..

Thanks in advance,

Mike

I just replied to a similar thread:

To maintain autofocus either the original sensor filter needs to be replaced with a similar clear or UV/IR filter, or the position of the sensor needs to be changed.

Adding a clip in filter allows standard EF lenses to be manually focused. I use an Astronomik CLS clip in filter on my FULL modded (both filters removed) 1000D to allow me to use standard lenses for spectroscopy.

• Like 1