Looking for a manual rotator for a ZWO ASI 1600 Pro

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone is using a manual camera rotator with the ZWO ASI 1600 Pro ? I’m looking for something solid enough to take the weight of the camera and EFW without tilting.

I’m assuming that putting a rotator between the camera and EFW would lead to greater vignetting with my 1.25” filters ?

23 minutes ago, andrew s said:

There are a number of "T2 rotation adapters" just Google. I use one with my ASI 1600 without problems.

Regards Andrew 

Thanks for this. I've already looked and seen a few about. Is the EFW thread T2 then not M42 ?

I am concerned about the weight and introducing tilt so I am looking for recommendations for solid items that work with no issues.

Which adaptor do you use please ?

56 minutes ago, andrew s said:

The EFW is T2 which is m42 0.75mm pitch. I use the Teleskop Services TST2Rot.

Regards Andrew 

That's great 👍

I was looking at those TS rotators so I was hoping someone might recommend them.

Do you have it fitted on the focuser side of the EFW or the camera side ?

Have you had any problems with the weight/tilt ?

Thanks

Mine is fitted between the camera and the filter wheel as I use a SA200 diffraction grating in the wheel and I have to be able to align the spectra to the camera. I do have vignetting but this is due to the spectrograph as a whole. 

The rotator is well designed and I don't think it will give you a problem tilt or weight wise in either position. 

Regards Andrew 

Edited by andrew s

2 hours ago, andrew s said:

The rotator is well designed and I don't think it will give you a problem tilt or weight wise in either position. 

Regards Andrew 

Thanks again, very helpful.

I was concerned about tilt from carrying the weight of both the EFW and camera, but it sounds like it should be OK 👍