SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Space rock risk underreported, researchers argue

FLO

A small but growing number of astronomers are arguing that the risks of comets or meteors hitting Earth are much higher than past estimates suggest.

Some of these objects may be going unnoticed in space, the researchers say, and scientists may need to begin new studies tailored to finding them.

http://tinyurl.com/zu3po

I think they may be on to something. After all, if you lived by a golf course, and were picking an average of two balls a week out of your azaleas, you would probably trust that estimate more than one generated by figuring out the standard deviation of drives from the centre of the fairway, and the number of golfers playing on any day.

The way i look at it is if theres a huge comet/rock whatever thats gonna hit us theres nothing we can do about it and is better not to know and pop ya clogs in the peeko second we would last from such an event. If we make more preperation for such an event then my mind would change but as it stands the effort isnt there as i see it

Archived