Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another Heart Nebula

Wyvernp

Morning All,

I think this will be my final image for now and I'm fairly happy with it for my first hubble palette image.

30xHa 300s

34xOIII 360s

30xSII 360s

heart.thumb.jpg.9ebea22e61bdfdeb46482b9fcde94ddb.jpg

As usual any feedback and tips for improvement would be massively appreciated.

Wyvern

• Like 19

Awesome image Wyvern, love it.  

Can I ask soomething, I note that you use a William Optics GT81, which has 478mm focal length.  I was considering the Heart Nebula this week, but decided against it because I thought that my 480mm would clip the edges of the nebula.  I don't currently have a reducer and I was wondering whether you are using the WO reducer, or whether to managed to frame it as the above focal length?

Thanks 

Jem

25 minutes ago, Snoani said:

Awesome image Wyvern, love it.  

Can I ask soomething, I note that you use a William Optics GT81, which has 478mm focal length.  I was considering the Heart Nebula this week, but decided against it because I thought that my 480mm would clip the edges of the nebula.  I don't currently have a reducer and I was wondering whether you are using the WO reducer, or whether to managed to frame it as the above focal length?

Thanks 

Jem

Thank you Jem! Yes I use the flat6a iii flattener/reducer, I think you're right 478/480mm might just be a bit too long for the heart.  Although it could make an interesting target with melotte 1 and the fishhead like below.

image.png.0899edbc86b35206b9835c9a5f1b95b1.png

Very nice, lovely detail. I'm looking forward to shooting this target myself once it becomes visible over my garden hedge. 

Have you tried processing in HOO? It will be interesting to see the difference 

1 minute ago, Adam1234 said:

Very nice, lovely detail. I'm looking forward to shooting this target myself once it becomes visible over my garden hedge. 

Have you tried processing in HOO? It will be interesting to see the difference 

I found the oxygen pretty faint, and I did try as HOO but it didn't look quite right to me, others have managed to capture much better OIII data than me and have made lovely images without the SII. 

1 minute ago, Wyvernp said:

I found the oxygen pretty faint, and I did try as HOO but it didn't look quite right to me, others have managed to capture much better OIII data than me and have made lovely images without the SII. 

Ah ok. I'd imagine that an HOO image would probably require twice the total exposure time to get the same SNR benefits.