SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

M27 Dumbell

Marvin Jenkins

Hello everyone. My first go at M27. 1 hour 30 minutes of subs over two nights with darks flats and dark flats. Stacked in DSS and an attempt at processing in GIMP.

I was using the EQ5 mount with the 150 pds and Nikon DSLR unguided so my subs are limited to a maximum of 60 seconds. Any advice welcome whilst I sort my eq6 out and save for a guide package.

Marvin

M27 Processed JPEG.JPG

• Like 15

Thanks everyone. I am very much at the beginning of the AP journey and the positivity means a lot. I have only recently started processing my own images and bit by bit I am starting to use the tools in GIMP to my advantage instead of scratching my head with a worried look on my face. As for the colours I was quite amazed when I looked at a single sub on the back of the camera. Like most at the beginning I used to think 'wonder what kind of colour tools they use to paint in those colours'. Now I know they are there for real.

Marv

• Like 2