Beginner - Jupiter, Saturn and Neowise

This is my first attempt at processing video in Lynkeos and a bit of photoshop. About 20 seconds of blurry video. A good polar alignment on HEQ5 Pro and it was rock solid tracking, no more chasing things off screen :)

Processed-Jupiter-1.jpg.5ca3ba1d8578dae6d7035c7833e28697.jpg

My best single shot of Saturn, hopefully got some video to process later..

best-saturn.thumb.jpg.97c277ca85a8acacba2972826bb26084.jpg

And an attempt at Neowise

best-neo.thumb.jpg.aed3808cfd7ae789fcb58acf147ddbb9.jpg

Overall I think it turned out to be a good session, happy with the progress so far. Tips and comments welcome 👍

• Like 5

What telescope and camera did you use?

Jupiter and Saturn are showing quite a bit of detail that's great as where I am they are still very low in the sky.

Did you capture the tail on neowise on viewing this thread using my phone I can't see one? How did you capture the comet did you use video?

4 hours ago, happy-kat said:

What telescope and camera did you use?

Jupiter and Saturn are showing quite a bit of detail that's great as where I am they are still very low in the sky.

Did you capture the tail on neowise on viewing this thread using my phone I can't see one? How did you capture the comet did you use video?

Scope : Bresser AR 102/600 with a 5 x Barlow
Mount : HEQ5 Pro + rowan belt
Camera : Bresser HD deep sky camera

They're still low here, I get maybe 10 minutes of viewing between the trees.

Neowise has a bit of a smudge, same setup and just a single shot, I think 10 second exposure with gain up full. May try that one again tonight..

👍