Avoiding Curiosity From Being the Cause Death for the Cat...

niallk

Cats complicate my cooling - far too curious about climbing in to examine up close my mirror's surface parameters!

Hoping this suffices to prevent any unpleasantness... πŸ˜‚

20200718_204523.jpg

Hoping to view Neowise tonight ;)

Edited by niallk
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, DaveL59 said:

won't stop the small birdies from inspecting and maybe leaving small corrosive deposits tho πŸ™‚Β 

Very true... !!

I'm just providing lots of perch points for our resident robin :)

• Like 2

How about screen secured to a hoop of the right size? I’d use 80 mesh count polyester screen printing screen, and two part adhesive to secure it to the hoop. That’s plenty enough gap for good air flow and still be small enough to keep most of the nasties away from that all important primary.

• Like 1

Cheers - yes the above is a stop-gap.

I've bought a fan, and my plan is to make a frame suspending the fan above the centre of the mirror blowing gently on the front surface to aid cooling, and screen the rest of the opening with a mesh which will allow airflow.Β  I've a rear fan too.Β  Adding the front should help to reduce cooling time for planetary use.

• Like 1