Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wotcha

DocBobalot

HI all. Long time photographer and admirer of the night skies, so I thought it'd be a good idea to put them together (can't believe it's taken me this long to work that one out).

I tried a few pics just with my standard kit, liked what I saw, so have now picked up a star adventurer to see what happens.

Of course, since I bought the star adventurer, it's been cloudy every night...:) 

Thank you for the welcomes :)

I've just had a quick hour or so playing with the star adventurer before the clouds came in. 

Set everything up as I have read, did all of the tweaks, took some test shots and wondered why I was still getting quite serious trails (using a 200mm lens, at 2 minutes, just to see what happens). 

Then I realised that I had done everything except turn it on.

I have a long road ahead of me...

Hello Doc, welcome to the lounge.

There is indeed a massive amount of information available on the SGL, and they seem to be a very friendly (and patient) bunch of people. I am sure to make hundreds of silly mistakes in my new-found hobby, just not sure I’ll admit to all of them!

Charles.