Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Baader 1.25 to 2" click lock adapter

Hi all.

Just thought I would give my opinion Baader click lock.

Firstly thank you  @djpaul
it was you who suggested purchasing one.

I went for the 2" to 1.25" version as I primary have 1.25" eye pieces. For this particular lock you will need to use your 2" standard adapter that comes as an accessory with the skywatcher scopes.

I really recommend one of these click locks, changing eye piece has never been easier in the dark. Slot in the eye piece a Quarter turn clockwise and your eye piece is locked securely and central in the focuser tube. To release just turn anticlockwise and the eye piece is unlocked. Simple! No more messing about with the two tiny thumb screws in the dark.

From a focuse perspective this adapter only adds an additional 9.5mm to the overall length of the focuser build up. My eye pieces come to focus quicker now with less outward focus required.

The build is excellent, a nice quality product with a nice positive "click & lock" 😁 action that gives confidence your eye pieces are safe and secure.

Price wise this model was £47 from memory from FLO. I ordered at 3pm on a Friday and received by 11am on the Saturday. Service with a smile!

I wouldn't be without this click lock now.

aesthetically it also looks the part. My eye pieces look very smart sitting in this product and it gives a real smart looking finish.

Thanks

barry

DSC_0825.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the excellent review. :thumbsup:

I wouldn't swap ether of my 2" ClickLock fittings for anything with thumbscrews.
Though I do have to regularly re-tighten all the tiny, hex-socket, grub screws around the perimeters.
Probably something to do with the massively cantilevered H-alpha etalon/filter/focuser on the 6".
Or the hefty 2" Lacerta Herschel prism set-up on the 7".
Still far more secure than three large thumbscrews and a compression band fitting.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve ordered one of these today. The thumbscrews on the SW 2” to 1.25” catch on tapers and kerfs of my eyepieces, and the thumbscrews are wobbly. 

Cheers for the review 

Edited by ian2
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, ian2 said:

I’ve ordered one of these today. The thumbscrews on the SW 2” to 1.25” catch on tapers and kerfs of my eyepieces, and the thumbscrews are wobbly. 

Cheers for the review 

Funny you should mention that. I used my Morpheus eye piece in my 200p which has the standard two screw adapter. I have the same issue with the screws hitting the kerf. So much nicer to use the Baader quick lock on my 300p

Cheers

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Barry-W-Fenner said:

Funny you should mention that. I used my Morpheus eye piece in my 200p which has the standard two screw adapter. I have the same issue with the screws hitting the kerf. So much nicer to use the Baader quick lock on my 300p

Cheers

Hi Barry,

It arrived today and I’ve tested it out. Feels very solid with no movement at all once the eyepiece is locked. 

• Like 1