Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

APT Help

Referring to a CEM60 non EC

So I have a direct connection between mount and computer.

Mount has latest firmware

Connects fine through Ioptron commander and I can manually control the mount

Connects fine through PHD2 and the mount connects

Connects fine through NINA and I can manually control the mount

However APT connects but I get an exception when I try to manually slew the mount and it just wont move

Any thoghts?

Nick

4 hours ago, northantsnick said:

Finally sorted this afternoon. 

There were quite a few steps which I had to get from multiple posts. But now all sweet with Apt 😁😁😁

Is it as per the workaround? Ie very slow rates? Tbh, if i needed to manually slew i used the EQmod controls for Skywatcher mounts or the Commander box with my CEM25.

Thanks

After speaking to IVO at APT (strangely he has the same mount !) it appears that the slew controls in APT provide little to no response on the CEM60 and he suggests Pointcraft, platesolve, Goto++ and then use Commander to hone in if needed.

What I achieved (which wasnt happening before) was the selection of an object and the straightforward Goto and it worked perfectly, meaning of course that APT is talking to my mount without errors or conflicts.

One of the things which was interesting, which I had to dig deep in forums for, was in Commander, to enable the box "tracking". Apparantly this gives APT the permissions to talk through or with Commander.

It would be nice wouldnt it, if there was a basic set of instructions for each mount out there, just so that the hit and miss effect could be eliminated.

Nick