Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Wide field with landscape stacking & processing

SAW

For those that do wide field astrophotography with tracked image of the sky and single merged image of the landscape/foreground do you leave the camera in the same position all the time apart from obviously when it's tracking.

Can you stack the sky images in DSS for example even if it's got the landscape in, will it stack ok ? Then I can just use the sky part merged on my single landscape image. 

Does that make sense ?

You could try using sequator as that has the ability for you to mark your foreground area and set which of your frames is the reference frame.

DSS will stack the stars and blur the foreground so you could take the final image to processing in a photo editor and using layer bring in your preferred foreground image and just blend through just the foreground area.

Edited by happy-kat
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, happy-kat said:

DSS will stack the stars and blur the foreground so you could take the final image to processing in a photo editor and using layer bring in your preferred foreground image and just blend through just the foreground area.

This is what I was hoping to do but wasn't sure if DSS would stack ok with a foreground object I can then merge the stacked image of the stars with a single foreground image. 🤷🏻‍♂️