SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

My First Horse

Starflyer

I took this on Friday evening, my first crack at this object, I was hoping to get more data but high cloud rolled in at around 2am.

I really want a modded DSLR now :hello2:

William Optics ZS80 FD / Teleview 0.8x FF/FR

Unmodded Canon 400D

EQ6 Pro, guided with a 70mm Bresser frac / QHY5 / PHD / EQMOD

13 x 600 second subs with 9 dark frames, flat and bias frames, stacked in DSS, processed in PS CS3

11649_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

I had problems with the noise in the red channel, so the image is quite soft looking to try and reduce the noise.

Ian

Well thats great for unmodded, cant believe how much Ha you managed to get!

I modded my own camera. Would I do it again? Probably not on the 350 or 400. Possibly on a 450d as they have no soldering to be undone/redone. It's very fiddly, and even those who do them as a 'job' sometimes make a mess of them.

Thanks guys :hello2:

It looks washed out compared to the version in Photoshop, so I've cropped it and had a fiddle with the black point. I also noticed that I had the colour profile set to Adobe RGB and when I viewed the 'proof colours' as windows RGB it had the same washed out look. Saved it using the 'Save for web and devices' wizard and it looks better (I think), although still noisy in the red channel.

11670_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Ian

Ian...it's not noise its real stuff...just most people process it out for a black sky....where do you think the horse pops out of?

Billy gets of his "dust" soap box....

I was exactly the same when processing my horsey image, took me a while to realise that the whole area is swimming in Ha

Thanks for the kind comments :hello2:

Ian...it's not noise its real stuff...just most people process it out for a black sky....where do you think the horse pops out of?

Billy gets of his "dust" soap box....

Here ya go Billy, last process of this data and I kept all the noise dust in there for you :D

11742_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Cheers,

Ian

Thanks Billy and Karlo :D

Very nice Ian, you should be proud of that one mate. Whats the next target then?

Gary

Hi Gary

M42/M43 maybe, M81/M82, M51 with the 10", some galaxy clusters, loads of things really but judging by the amount of clear nights I'm getting that's about 3 years worth of targets :hello2:

Ian

Archived