Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hypercam 183C TEC Opinions

hyak

I have an Atik Horizon II and have enjoyed using it for EEVA. I recently started using it for non-EEVA imaging (total newbie). My primary imaging telescope is a WO Zenithstar 81. The FOV with the Horizon is too large for many of the targets I'm interested in.  The Hypercam 183C TEC looks like it might be a good option based on the FOV and CCD suitability calculators on Astronomy Tools. 

I do have a few other telescopes I might try in addition to the Z81 - SpaceCat 51, 130pds and NP101is. I've used the SpaceCat with a DSLR, but after purchasing the Horizon my DSLR cameras have been collecting dust. 

The 183C seems to be a decent match for all of those telescope. Granted, I'm a total imaging newbie so I'm sure there's more to it than FOV. 

Any suggestions? I should note that I'm located in the US. There's a significant shortage of cameras here and I'll likely order from FLO or Altair depending on the camera I chose. 

22 hours ago, hyak said:

I have an Atik Horizon II and have enjoyed using it for EEVA. I recently started using it for non-EEVA imaging (total newbie). My primary imaging telescope is a WO Zenithstar 81. The FOV with the Horizon is too large for many of the targets I'm interested in.  The Hypercam 183C TEC looks like it might be a good option based on the FOV and CCD suitability calculators on Astronomy Tools. 

I do have a few other telescopes I might try in addition to the Z81 - SpaceCat 51, 130pds and NP101is. I've used the SpaceCat with a DSLR, but after purchasing the Horizon my DSLR cameras have been collecting dust. 

The 183C seems to be a decent match for all of those telescope. Granted, I'm a total imaging newbie so I'm sure there's more to it than FOV. 

Any suggestions? I should note that I'm located in the US. There's a significant shortage of cameras here and I'll likely order from FLO or Altair depending on the camera I chose. 

I dont quire unterstand why you would not just crop your image and use the Horizon?

The problem with the 183 sensor is that most of the time its oversampled in relation to the Daws limit of the aperture. Its only really fast scopes that do not follow that rule.

Adam