Stacking Fuji XT1 raw?

DaveS

I was just casually thinking of using my old Fuji XT1 for some tracked milky way shots while the main rig was ding the serious stuff. I could use my Canon 550D, but noticed that the Fuji had an intervalometer setting in the menu.

The hitch in this is that the Fuji X-Trans sensor doesn't use a Bayer pattern, so I think AstroArt won't want to know.

Has anyone had any success with other software, DSS for instance? Not used DSS for a good few years now since getting AA5 back in 2014.

1 hour ago, DaveS said:

so I think AstroArt won't want to know

Likewise, an X-T1, the output of which I've been very pleased with, nice and sharp and a good red response. The built-in intervalometer is most useful. But, on the contrary, I have AA v6 and it works fine with the RAFs. I'm not totally convinced that it calibrates and aligns 'properly'. That is, with de-bayer appropriately applied, as it doesn't have the standard bayer pattern. It uses DCRaw to interrogate the RAW files, so I think you need the latest version of that, but it's a bit vague in my mind now. May be that was DSS, which still didn't work with RAFs. But AA seems to work. Previously I did as Kev did and converted to DNG using the free Adobe DNG converter.

Astropixel Processor v1.082 has just be released which includes support for the Fuji X-Trans sensor.

Ian

Edited by The Admiral

Thanks Kev and Ian. I currently have AA 7 so will give it a go. I have some ideas for tracked MW shots with moderate FL, so the next clear night I'll run some experiments.