SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Best astronomy news sites

Anyone got some recommendations for the best place to keep up with the latest astronomy news, especially what is visible from the UK?

I missed the news about the new comet until mainstream media started posting impressive pictures. Typically it is set to be cloudy here for the rest of the week! I've checked a few news sites and there is no mention of it in a lot of the news sides. I need somewhere to add to my daily trawl of news that is far more interesting than Brexit and Coronavirus!

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/07/2020 at 10:55, DaveHKent said:

Anyone got some recommendations for the best place to keep up with the latest astronomy news, especially what is visible from the UK?

I missed the news about the new comet until mainstream media started posting impressive pictures. Typically it is set to be cloudy here for the rest of the week! I've checked a few news sites and there is no mention of it in a lot of the news sides. I need somewhere to add to my daily trawl of news that is far more interesting than Brexit and Coronavirus!

You can register on the Sky at Night website - they will send a 'sky this week' email along with some unobtrusive marketing. Astronomy Now also issue email updates although less frequently and I use Spaceweather to check in on solar activity, although they do report on other other astronomical events.

Spaceweather

Astronomy Now

Sky at Night

Both magazines have the free email newsletter subscription on the front page.