Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

PIPP won’t open

Peco4321

Hi. When I click PIPP nothing happens. Nothing opens, no messages just nothing. I re-installed it, the same. So frustrating. Any ideas??  I’m on Windows 7, last used couple of months ago I guess. 

14 minutes ago, Peco4321 said:

Hi. When I click PIPP nothing happens. Nothing opens, no messages just nothing. I re-installed it, the same. So frustrating. Any ideas??  I’m on Windows 7, last used couple of months ago I guess. 

Assuming you have downloaded the correct version 32 or 64 bit (later only works on 64bit) it could be set to "read" only in permissions (Windows 10 now comes up with a blue screen). I loaded the latest today and there was no problems - but that was on Win 7. I presume the extract worked ok - as it comes in a ZIP file.

Have you rebooted the PC since the problem occurred, or checked whether a non-responding instace of PIPP is listed inTask Manager. I've had occasions where a program seems to fail to run despite repeated tries, and have needed to kill a previous instance via Task Manager which had crashed while launching. Use Ctrl-Alt-Del to access Task Manager or right click on the Taskbar and select it.

Alan

Then try and older version - see bottom of Pipp web page - it maybe you dont have the correct (being Win7) graphical interface software (or other C++ dist problem)  OR the latest Pipp doesn't work with Win 7 and older Wins. There is an email on the Web site perhaps asking the author you will get an answer. Plus check your logs and see if there is an answer/pointer there. Plus some anti virus software are paranoid and will not allow some software to run - try scanning the program/directory folder with whatever anti virus your PC uses!

Although the site does say "

Current supported platforms:

• Windows XP with Service pack 3 or all later versions of Windows."