Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jupiter and Saturn

Pybo

10x50 binos on a monopod from a open window.

Wow! From 12-1am sunday morning.

Jupiter and 3 moons..

Saturn... with a meteor streak thru field of view..

6/7 satellites 

Space station i think..

Then i found a fuzzy?

To the right and down to right of Altair..

I think its M11 the duck globular?

What a brilliant hour! Sky is not too good but im buzzing!

Im a newbie and just starting after a long love of the night sky from being a boy of 7.. nearly 50 years ago.

• Like 1

Welcome to the hobby. I had a similar start, I was interested in space as a kid but had no idea you could see things for yourself through telescopes and binoculars. I missed out until I was well into my 40's, then saw Jupiter through some binoculars and was hooked. From its position the fuzzy could well have been M11.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Robindonne said:

Then quickly look to capella if you can find it.  Then Go left and down to menkalinan.  Then again approx the same movement left and down to see the ☄️ 

I will try again tonight if the sky clears again.. 

In the early 70s, i can still remember my excitement over comet Kahotek(forgive spelling). I looked and looked but never saw it.

Saw Hale Bopp with its twin tail once. 

But thanks for the pointers

8 hours ago, Paz said:

Welcome to the hobby. I had a similar start, I was interested in space as a kid but had no idea you could see things for yourself through telescopes and binoculars. I missed out until I was well into my 40's, then saw Jupiter through some binoculars and was hooked. From its position the fuzzy could well have been M11.

I looked on Skymap app and worked out through star hopping that it was M11. 

But i only found it just through slowly sweeping with binos..even though the sky was pretty poor i could still see rich fields of stars looking south. Wonderful indeed!