Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Cant focus ?

Really stuck on this one . Im a newbie first use of a Bresser Messier NT-150S/750 Hex-Focus last night.  The telescope is collimated with a DSLR fitted to the telescope directly ( T2 ring onto 2 inch adapter ) it will focus in the mid point of the focus travel (brilliant no problem) .

As soon as I fit the supplied eye piece that came with telescope I cant focus the focuser does  have enough travel  , it needs to be wound out further than it can travel . Tried using the barlow as well and that is the same also if I use the DSLR with the barlow same problem.

Anything other than prime focus with a DSLR I cant get it to focus so I can do anything visual with it which is a bit disappointing as my daughter and myself were hoping to observe Jupiter last night.

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

IMG_6496 (1).jpg

IMG_6497.jpg

Edited by Blaze 1

25 minutes ago, johninderby said:

There should be an extension piece for visual use.that fits onto the focuser drawtube. Unscrew the top part of the drawtube and fit the extension piece in place.

0D8CCFFF-EEE7-40E7-8795-1979C5B70D04.jpeg

Thats it ! thank you very much , what a complete dummy Ive been , just couldn't work it out last night 🤦‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Blaze 1 said:

Thats it ! thank you very much , what a complete dummy Ive been , just couldn't work it out last night 🤦‍♂️

You are far from the first not to realise that there is an extenstion piece hidden in the shipping box of a newt scope with a hexafoc focuser. 🙂

• Like 1