Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Washington Wildfowl Park

nathkrul

Hi Guys, does anyone ever meet up in the car park? its just that in the other thread I noticed some of us dont want to travel too far, which is understandable and it would be easier to meet up as more people know where it is.

Colin

Hi zog, yes I know its sunderlands astro place, but Ime sure I read on here about someone turning up when it was clear, maybe thinking it would be open and it wasnt, so they had set up in the car park instead. (i could be wrong don't quote me)

So I was just saying if anyone wanted to meet up on a clear night there and set up in the overflow car park so as not to bother anyone ime up for it. :hello2:

Colin

Lo Chaps

We do indeed meet at the Wetlands center on the second and third Sunday of each month and every Wednesday night if its clear. :hello1: As for setting up in the car park You might get lucky but I would advise against it as the morons are usually there doing doughnuts around the carpark. :scratch: They don't normally bother you if you go down into the carpark in front of the entrance to the center. :thumbright:

Cheers

Yep I know about the morons Kev, we'll be there when it clears ,lol, just joking.

But it would be nice for a few of us to meet up one clear night, might even get to join in with the [removed word] crowd if they turn up, if were lucky :whip2:

Colin

• 3 weeks later...

Hi You guys, looking at the specs of your telescopes seems pretty intimidating, however, I'm in Gosforth, I'd love to come along and just see what's going on. I'm practically a complete beginner with this. If the thread doesn't expand, would you E Mail me if anythings happenning down there, I'd love to come and meet up and learn a few things (a lot of things),

Ta

Reg.

Good Stuff.....Work permitting, I'll definitely come along. I work erratic hours but I guess it's dark all night, isn't it. What times spans are we talking about? If it's cloudy at 8 do we say forget it, or is everyone on standby? Hows it work? (sorry for such simple questions). It strikes me that mobile numbers are probably useful, no?

Archived