Asi 120 mm-s 
Asi 294mc pro 

30 X 240 secs 
10 X dark flats
10 X flats 

Processed in pixinsight

east veil 6.7.20 final.png

• Like 21

Very nice image Dan. Try using Pixinsight's SCNR to convert the green into a nice blue. I've also been imaging NGC6992 and have collected over 10hrs of rgb data. I combined the data and was shocked at the amount of stars in the image. The nebulosity was difficult to see. I'll need to reduce the amount of stars to bring out the main subject :(

Steve

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, tooth_dr said:

That’s really good. Stars nice and colour just right in the nebula. 👍🏻

Many thanks, appreciate it . such a beautiful target

10 hours ago, sloz1664 said:

Very nice image Dan. Try using Pixinsight's SCNR to convert the green into a nice blue. I've also been imaging NGC6992 and have collected over 10hrs of rgb data. I combined the data and was shocked at the amount of stars in the image. The nebulosity was difficult to see. I'll need to reduce the amount of stars to bring out the main subject :(

Steve

Hi Steve, i used SNR down to 70% to reduce the green but tbh the blue imo is quite a turquoise look so left it there, but yes maybe down to 60 wouldn't hurt. Starnet ++ is fantastic for stars and can use as a mask as well, so mask the stars and pop the colour in the nebula with messing with star colour. thanks again 

1 hour ago, Dan13 said:

Hi Steve, i used SNR down to 70% to reduce the green but tbh the blue imo is quite a turquoise look so left it there, but yes maybe down to 60 wouldn't hurt. Starnet ++ is fantastic for stars and can use as a mask as well, so mask the stars and pop the colour in the nebula with messing with star colour. thanks again 

Dan, did you use Starnet++ to reduce the stars in your image?

Steve

3 minutes ago, sloz1664 said:

Dan, did you use Starnet++ to reduce the stars in your image?

Steve

Hi Steve, i didnt personally in this image, i used it as a mask to get my colouring right on the nebula and the stars them selves. i really like the stars around this target so they dont bother me at all tbh.

Side note, i forgot to add i used a L-enhance with this for the first time and was shocked at how well it picked up the surrounding nebulosity, thats why i kept a lot of it in the image

23 hours ago, sloz1664 said:

Here is the image of NGC6992 calibrated, stacked and DBE only. Lots of stars....

NGC6992_RGB_St_ABE.thumb.jpg.a26ac48cb3bbd3937f40ad0355fde142.jpg

Steve

what gain did you use Steve? also find a slight curve transformation will help lower the stars a little.

Hi Dan,

I use gain 11 & offset 132, which is the optimum for my ccd camera. I can reduce the stars using various techniques. I was just pointing out that the more imaging time you spend on certain subjects tends to increase the star population.

Thanks anyway :)

Steve

Edited by sloz1664
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, sloz1664 said:

Hi Dan,

I use gain 11 & offset 132, which is the optimum for my ccd camera. I can reduce the stars using various techniques. I was just pointing out that the more imaging time you spend on certain subjects tends to increase the star population.

Thanks anyway :)

Steve

Gotcha Steve :) 

I would create a star mask with star net++ on a 3 hour integration and then apply that to the final image. clear skies