Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dusting off my astronomy gear!

Moonshane

Well I have been busy for a couple of years with a business studies degree, creating a lovely garden, making an observatory (almost finished bar the painting and fitting my mount) etc and of course work and a family. Oh, yeah and (probably contracting) COVID-19! However, the talk (even on the TV for goodness sake) of a decent comet has given me the impetus to dust things off and have a look again.

Looking forward to getting going again and posting on the forum again.

Hope everyone is keeping safe and looking after themselves.

Cheers

Shane

• Like 15

Well I have been busy for a couple of years with a business studies degree, creating a lovely garden, making an observatory (almost finished bar the painting and fitting my mount) etc and of course work and a family. Oh, yeah and (probably contracting) COVID-19! However, the talk (even on the TV for goodness sake) of a decent comet has given me the impetus to dust things off and have a look again.

Looking forward to getting going again and posting on the forum again.

Hope everyone is keeping safe and looking after themselves.

Cheers

Shane

• Like 2

Welcome back Shane - I did wonder where you were. I hope you are well now. Neowise is certainly worth returning for .

I took an enforced break too (don’t ask!) but it’s good to get back refreshed, although I did notice that A few erstwhile regulars were missing. 

Edited by kerrylewis
  • Like 2

Cheers Kerry. I made the bold move of taking all my scopes down to the obs so they are ready - although there's still the odd bag of sand/cement in there - working on a pond at the end of the garden!

• Like 1

Or as in Hotel California

Last thing I remember
I was running for the door
I had to find the passage back
To the place I was before
"Relax", said the night man
"We are programmed to receive
You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave"

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jiggy 67 said:

Welcome back Shane, I took a break for a few years as well, sometimes other things get in the way........still a City fan???

City.....also like Royston Vasey!  😂

As I always say to the kids at our school when I challenge them about being muppets for supporting United....and they refuse to back down .......well done. Changing your footy team is like changing your mum.

• Like 1