Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Another Work in Progress in Cygnus

Kinch

I have several unfinished images on the go - and started another last night. 🙄     In the bright moonlight, I simply wanted to continue using the Ha filter - not what was needed to finish off other images I am working on.

So - interesting though it is - it is just 3 hours of data and as yet a long way from finished.                                   Still........worth a look!   👀

Test_3hours-Ha (1478 x 1183).jpg

• Like 11

Yes - short nights and where I am - still quite warm during the night at about 22°C to 25°C (warmer than that even when I start things up).  I have not moved to CMOS - I will stick with CCD as long as I can. One important factor (in my mind) is cooling the CCD and I have to admit that spending a lot of money on a FLI camera has worked really good for me. Even now I am still able to run the CCD at -30°C (Avge 90% on the TEC). If it gets any warmer though....I won't push it as I am more used to seeing TEC @ 70% to 80%..........but I do notice the noise reduction in the subs by  being able to cool to -30° rather than say -20°.

18 minutes ago, x6gas said:

These are lovely images you're posting of this region of the sky Brendan.  I wonder what magic you'll produce as a finished image!

Thanks for the comment but I made a big boo boo in one sense..... I had not planned to do more than two images here but then started that 3rd last night. I could have, had I gone about it right, done quite a big mosaic here.....maybe next year! As it is, the 3 images come together like this (Ha only).....

Cygnus (1499 x 766).jpg

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MarkAR said:

You know you're going to have to fill the gaps now.😇

🙄...It is looking that way...but I will resist the temptation (I hope) until I can plan it all properly. :icon_scratch:    

• Haha 1